Monday, August 19, 2013

Venus vs Mars

Being in a phase where we are managing a naughty toddler and a two month old infant , my husband and I hardly see any romance in the air. I guess every other couple who passed this phase would understand what i am talking about. So a couple of days ago, we got a small break with both boys tucked away to sleep. I grabbed my chance to tune into my favorite travel channel while hubby as usual logged into his laptop. Glued to our indulgences, i suddenly remembered this was our "couple time". So i gave the idiot box a pause, turned around to look at him and whispered "I love you!". Surprisingly he responds back ..."I do too...". We gave each other a good smile. He moved closer...and then...the moment stopped.
He showed me his laptop screen and said "See this, its India's latest missile..." ...or some other war weapon and is describing its design to me! .............well well well ...Where were we? :)

I could not but stop laughing and in my laughter he got my point as well thankfully! We both laughed for quite a while on that....but isn't this why they say Men are from Mars and Women from Venus? This is what our movies thrive on. We (XX) think onions and they (XY) deliver tomatoes. :) Applies vice versa too i guess.

An extrapolation of this is seen on the social media ....

An interesting observation that i have made in the last one week is that while most of the male friends on my network on FB are posting jokes about women drivers and their behavioral pattern,  the female section have been busy forwarding Brad pits mushy mushy blog about Angelina Jolie and their love!

Well, as far it is "Happys Endings" who cares where either of us come from anyway!

No comments: