Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Non committed / Uncommitted

The dictionary meaning says it’s the opposite of “committed” ; i.e. one who is not faithful , is disloyal, casual, uninterested, indifferent, unattached etc ...
Am I any of this? Have been pondering over it for a while now. There may be times when I seem to be unattached or indifferent to others, but am definitely not the rest.

I believe that words have the power to make and break relations, trust; make peace and war. It needs to be carefully used. Sometimes words that slip from the tongue cut through the others heart and create deep injuries. The person who uttered the nonsense would forget it in seconds but the person who receives it will carry it with them for a long long time.

As for me, I am very talkative with friends and relations whom I can talk freely. I am a person with few words when I am with a large crowd, and I am completely silent when there is an argument going on because I try to see both sides. I have my opinion on things, but I hate to push it on others. I understand that they would have their own too and I have no right to question their beliefs and thoughts. It can be discussed but cannot be questioned! Some people might see this as stubbornness – but that’s okay too. J

I have been most dutiful and loyal to all my friends, family…so when a direct accusation of being unfaithful comes that too in a very large audience it creates a distaste and injury that lives long, creates a gap or strain in the elations shared and it takes a while to overcome the shaken trust. I have always made sure I go the extra mile in all my relations; there might have been fights, misunderstandings and a few sad moments, but definitely I am not the one who goes and makes a statement or does things which I know will hurt others. I am very sensitive and respectful towards the emotions of others. I don’t play with it. At the same time, its not welcome that someone questions my identity , my being and walks away with a smile…

Laugh at me, poke fun
I don’t care of none
Call me an idiot
Call me silent
I won’t shake a bit…
But my friend,
The last thing on earth
In all my births
Would be to be –NON COMMITTED!